Controller's Home > Travel Office
Travel at State

Travel at State

Plan Your Trip Build Travel Profile Book Now

Travel Process

Traveling on Official MSU Business?

If you are traveling at MSU, this is what you need to do to ensure that your trip is booked easily and your reimbursements are handled smoothly. Read More. . .

Travel News

Tip of the Week: Traveling with Research Samples provides important considerations and links to resources available to MSU researchers and scientists who travel.

How do I use the Currency Converter?
Use the Currency Converter to calculate exchange rates for any day back to January 1990.

To Convert Foreign Currency to US Dollars, Go To:
- "Currency I Want"
- Type currency names, 3-letter currency symbols or country names to select your foreign currency.
- Type “1” in the Amount box.
- Select 4% from the Interbank rate list to better approximate the additional conversion fees charged by your financial institution.
- Add the date that the purchase was made
- Multiply the U.S. Dollar amount times the foreign currency equivalent.

Example: I made purchase in the past. How much did it cost me?
- When I was in Europe, I bought something that cost 500 euros on March 1, 2018.
- Multiply 500 times 1.27246 to get amount due traveler in US Dollars = $636.23.

Upcoming Travel at State Classes

Concur Training Sessions on May 24, 2018 at Brody Hall, Classlab 143.

  • Concur for Beginners: May 24, 2018 from 9 - 11 AM
  • Concur for Advanced Users: May 24, 2018 from 2 - 4 PM

Travel Policies, Procedures, and Processes

  • Travel Regulations & Reimbursement: TBA. Location: 1407 S. Harrison Road, Nisbet Building, Room 10.
  • Advanced Travel Regulations & Reimbursement: Thursday, April 12, 2018 from 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM. Location: 1407 S. Harrison Road, Nisbet Building, Room 10.
  • Onboarding for New Travel Arrangers: TBA. Location: 1407 S. Harrison Road, Nisbet Building, Room 10.

For more information and to register, visit the EBS Finance System, My Career & Training, Courses for Employees at MSU. For assistance, please contact MSU Human Resources, Professional Development Services.

Travel How-To and Education

Preferred Travel Agencies

  MSU Business Travel:

Conlin Travel

MSU Study Abroad/Away:

MSU Athletics use only:

Anthony Travel

Michigan State University