Quick Start Guide
Employee and Transaction Look Up
Locating employee information may be useful in answering individual questions regarding an employees pay, pay rate, or number of payments to date. It is also useful to be able to locate employee information to determine why an individual no longer appears on the employee selection list when creating a form or to determine Hiring or Funding Account information.
- Using the green menu bar at the top of any eTime page, point to Employee and Click on the Employee List link that appears.
- In the green body of the page a list of employees hired by your CUC will appear.
- Note that if few or no employees appear, check the eTime Verified Start Date that appears in the lower left hand corner of the Search for an Employee box.
- The information that appears for employees on the employee list is based on the most recent information about that/those employee(s).
- It may be necessary to change the Verified Start Date to an earlier date in the month or year in order to get all employees to show up.
- Users can scroll down the list of employees that appear or scroll through the available pages (using next>> or <<previous keys) to locate specific employees – or – search using any of the search options in the Search for an Employee box.
- When the desired employee is found, all transactions relative to that employee can be reviewed by ‘clicking’ on the [Get Transactions] button next to their name.
Locating transaction information is useful when researching questions regarding a specific time sheet form or regarding an employee about when or how often they were paid. The Transaction List page also provides a place for departments to locate ‘Hash’ totals if these values have become useful to you.
- Using the green menu bar at the top of any eTime page, point to Transactions and Click on the Transaction List link.
- The Transaction List screen appears.
- Using the search fields available, enter the information in the blanks provided or select from the items available using the down [V] arrow in the search field(s) you are using, then click the [Search] button.
- Based on the search option(s) selected, all transactions fitting the search will appear in the green body of the page.
- To open and view greater detail about a specific transaction, click the [open] button next to that transaction.
- The transaction detail screen will appear.
- If more detail is required, then the actual form that the selected transaction appears on can be opened and reviewed in its entirety. To view the entire form click on the [Get Form] button or click the Form ID link: #### at the bottom left corner of the page as shown above.
- The form will appear in its entirety.
- The Transactions List is also where Hash Totals can be found.
Note: Any changes/corrections made to the employee transactions after being Exported to payroll will not be reflected in the employee transactions. If there is a discrepancy between what an employee is paid and what appears on the transaction lines, the department should call payroll.
- Type the form ID number in the search box provided and click the [search] button.
- The Hash totals for the form will appear in the green bar between the search for a transaction (white) box and the transaction list (green section) at the bottom of the page.